VSO International Volunteer Recruitment – 2012
3rd May 2012 | By: chrispoerba
Empower Others, Develop Yourself, Reach Out for a Better World
Do you have the skills, the heart, the stamina and the will to share your expertise?
VSO provides the opportunity for Indonesian professionals to share their skills and expertise as international volunteers in other developing countries. You’ll make a real difference – not only to your life, but to the lives of some of the world’s poorest people.
Each year, hundreds of our volunteers work abroad in rewarding roles in over 40 countries through VSO, the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers. Volunteering gives them invaluable professional experience, a wealth of memories, and a whole new perspective on life.
- Indonesian residents
- Between 25 to 65 years old
- Fluent in English (written and oral) and willing to learn other languages
- Minimum 3 years’ solid experience in one of the area of expertise*)
- Formal university degree
- Physically and mentally fit
- Can live and work in a developing country for up to 2 years
- Can live on a modest living allowance
- Able to go abroad starting January 2013
*) Priority area of expertise:
- Business & Management – Small Business Adviser, National Volunteering Managers, Disaster Management experts with climate change background, agribusiness and market specialist
- Community Social Development – Resource Mobilisers or Fundraisers,
- Health – Health Managers, Ob-Gyn, Speech/Language Therapists, Pediatrician, Midwives
- Education – Primary Education with Leadership/Head Teacher experience
- Natural Resources – Natural Resource management, Climate Change experts
- IT experts – hardware and software skills (trainer experience)